Top 10 Dance Performances of 2014
Jillian Groening, beat reporter
1. James Kudelka’s The Four Seasons presented and performed by The Royal Winnipeg Ballet at the Centennial Concert Hall, May 9 2014.
2. Freya Olafson’s HYPER_ performed at the Asper Centre for Theatre and Film, September 28 2014. (Presented by WNDX – Festival of Moving Image) www.wndx.org
3. Ming Hon’s Forever in Blue Jeans presented and performed by Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers at the Rachel Browne Theatre, November 18, 2014.
4. Peggy Baker’s Split Screen Stereophonic presented by Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers and performed at the Rachel Browne Theatre, April 27 2014.
5. Constance Cook’s S/KIN performed by Jung-Ah Chung at the Rachel Browne Theatre, June 28 2014.
6. Riley Sims’ untitled work performed by Nova Dance Collective at the Rachel Browne Theatre, September 4, 2014.
7. Kayla Henry’s the dead amuse performed at the Rachel Browne Theatre, June 28 2014.
8. Peter Quanz’s Rodin/Claudel presented by The Royal Winnipeg Ballet and performed by Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal at the Centennial Concert Hall, March 4 2014.
9. Zorya Arrow’s A Cabaret performed at aceartinc., April 25 2014 / Toy Guns Dance Theatre’s Red Wine, French Toast and The Best Sex You’ve Ever Had presented by the Winnipeg Fringe Festival, July 20 2014.
10. Tedd Robinson’s The 60 Dancer Project presented by the School of Contemporary Dancers and performed at the Gas Station Arts Centre, May 18 2014.
Taken from: http://uniter.ca/view/the-uniter-top-10-lists